Over a period of time , we used to get many similar questions from our clients over phone and email when they plan to book our guest house . We are posting some of that Frequently Asked Questions here so that you don’t have to ask it again .
- Is this property directly accessible by road if we are coming in a big vehicle ?
Yes . It is . This property is located on the way just 2 km short of MB College of Engineering and even regular sized bus can reach there .
- How many persons can comfortably stay in your Guest house ?
5-6 persons will be the recommended number . Beyond that it is up to you . sometimes even 9-10 persons stayed there, but please do not complain about the lack of extra space .
- I am a solo traveller . Can I rent just a room instead of the whole house ?
Since the Guest house is not divided in to individual cottages and we are renting it as a single unit , we can not rent just one room . Even if you are alone or just two persons , it make sense to occupy the full house since it gives you complete privacy . The house and the full one acre property is for you to explore
- Can I park my car in your property ? or should I have to leave it outside the gate ?
Yes , you can . We have a proper driveway up to the front and back doors and you can comfortably park your vehicle either on the front side or back side of the house .
- How equipped is your kitchen ? Do you have all the utensils for a full fledged cooking ?
Our Kitchen is loaded with basic amenities for making tea , toasting bread or making chapathi. We have a mini fridge , Water purifier , Gas Stove , frying pan and plates and glass to serve your food and beverages. Do not expect a full sized kitchen for a master chef . We believe you are on vacation and cooking will be your last priority
- is this property located in an isolated area ? How safe it is for senior citizens ?
It is not an isolated place . It is located in a clam and serene village . Even though you can enjoy the privacy of your place , the guest house is located in a place where you have a couple of friendly neighbours . Even though it is a hilly there are no wild animals either in this area . It is safe for Senior citizens
- I am a disabled person . Do you have any ramps for wheel chair to access your guest house rooms ?
You can access our guest house through the extra door which is wheel chair friendly and you can move inside our house in wheel chair . The way to river is not suitable for a solo disabled person as you can not drive your wheel chair through the steep way
- How can I arrange food if I am not planning to cook ? I am lazy to drive to nearest township just to bring some food
We made arrangements with some nice restaurants in Kuttikkanam . Just check the menu cards and order your food by dialling them directly and it will reach your doorsteps .
- Will you arrange a camp fire for the guests ? is it part of the package ?
We have a perfect place on the back of our property for a camp fire . If you are in a mood for camp fire our caretaker will arrange some wood and other basic stuff for the camp fire . You just have to pay the cost of the materials as we are sourcing it from the local market when you demand it . It is not part of the package of you stay .
- Is the river near your house is safe to swim ? is it safe for children ?
It is a safe shallow river . Small children surely need an adult supervision . Spend your quality time on riverside before 10 AM and after 4 PM as local persons are using the river in between these timings
These are some of the frequently asked questions we have come across . If you have any more questions , please use the comment box to raise your questions . We will answer them here